It’s generally considered that the UK property market is a stable and attractive market for non-UK investors and there are some good reasons why you might want to invest in 2023:
- Potential for capital appreciation: Property values can rise over time, and investing in UK property could potentially provide a return through capital appreciation.
- Potential rental income: If you buy a property to rent out, you may be able to generate rental income, which can provide a regular source of income.
- Diversification: Adding property to your investment portfolio can help diversify your investments and potentially reduce risk.
- Potential for leverage: It may be possible to use leverage, such as a mortgage, to invest in property, which can potentially increase your potential return on investment.
- Potential for tax benefits: There may be tax benefits associated with investing in UK property, such as the ability to claim tax deductions for certain expenses related to the property.
Not only that, the UK has a strong economy and a transparent legal system, which can make it an appealing place to invest in property. Additionally, the UK has a relatively high demand for rental properties, which can provide investors with a regular source of income.
Some areas of the UK may historically have had stronger property price growth than others. For example, according to data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the South East of England has generally seen higher property price growth than other parts of the UK over the past few decades. In particular, London and the South East have often seen strong property price growth. Check out our portfolio of properties here.
At SPPF, we understand the UK property market very well and utilised a number of strategies to acquire high-yielding properties at below-market value prices. Some of these strategies include:
- Looking for properties that are in need of repair or renovation. These properties may be available at a discount because they require significant work to bring them up to market standards.
- Looking for properties that are being sold by motivated sellers. These sellers may be willing to accept a lower price in order to quickly dispose of the property.
- Researching properties that are being sold at auction. These properties may be available at a discount, however, we are extremely careful and evaluate the property before bidding to ensure that it is a good investment.
However, as with any investment, there are risks involved in investing in any property, and it’s important to do thorough research and due diligence before investing and to seek professional advice from a financial advisor or investment professionals like SPPF to ensure that the investment is appropriate for your individual circumstances.
If you are looking to invest in buy-to-let property without the time, stress, and hassle of being a hands-on buy-to-let landlord, request a free brochure to learn more. Otherwise, get in touch and one of our property experts would be happy to discuss your requirements.